Tata Motors has been one of top performers this month. The stock has also out-performer this year in comparison to the Sensex/Nifty. As highlighted in the daily chart featured below, the recent rally has pushed the price of Tata Motors to an area of resistance. The price action this week suggests that the stock has struggled to clear the resistance at Rs.390-395 range.
The gap down opening today strengthens the case for a short-term fall in Tata Motors. We expect the stock to slide to the immediate support at Rs.340-345 range. Any recovery to Rs.385 and beyond would be an opportunity to take profits.
Aggressive traders may initiate short positions with a stop loss at Rs.394 and target of Rs.345. The bearish view would be invalidated on a breakout past Rs.395.
(The view featured here is based on Technical Analysis of historical stock price action. Please read the Disclaimer)
Other articles you may like
- Change in “Motilal Oswal Midcap 30 Fund” scheme name
- Resumption of subscription to units of Designated Schemes of HSBC Mutual Fund
- Resumption of subscription to units of Designated Schemes of Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
- Best practices to be followed for CDSL Demat account holders
- Extension of Timelines – Change in Nomination Guidelines by SEBI