Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd, or CPIL, is a 51% subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive Company, USA. It is the market leader in Indian oral care market. In FY15, it commanded 57.8% & 42.1% volume market share in toothpaste & toothbrush category respectively. CPIL has maintained its position as the undisputed leader for more than a decade.
Valuation and View
CPIL is better placed than peers given its strong parentage, pricing power, leadership position and distribution reach in the oral care market. We expect revenue and PAT to grow at a CAGR of 9.6% and 11.4% over FY15-FY18E. Further, we rate the stock as ‘BUY’ assigning a forward P/E of 33x arriving at a target price of Rs. 937 which implies potential upside of ~10% for next 12 months.
Research Report Colgate-Palmolive (India)Ltd
Investments in equity shares, debentures, etc., are not obligations of, or guaranteed by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., and are subject to investment risks. Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Other articles you may like
- IDFC Mutual Fund stands changed to Bandhan Mutual Fund with effect from March 13, 2023
- Temporary suspension of subscription in Overseas schemes of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Take charge of your money with this quick and simple framework
- Wealth Conversations – March 2023
- Is a higher equity allocation injurious to your short term goals?