Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd, or CPIL, is a 51% subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive Company, USA. It is the market leader in Indian oral care market. In FY15, it commanded 57.8% & 42.1% volume market share in toothpaste & toothbrush category respectively. CPIL has maintained its position as the undisputed leader for more than a decade.
Valuation and View
CPIL is better placed than peers given its strong parentage, pricing power, leadership position and distribution reach in the oral care market. We expect revenue and PAT to grow at a CAGR of 9.6% and 11.4% over FY15-FY18E. Further, we rate the stock as ‘BUY’ assigning a forward P/E of 33x arriving at a target price of Rs. 937 which implies potential upside of ~10% for next 12 months.
Investments in equity shares, debentures, etc., are not obligations of, or guaranteed by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., and are subject to investment risks. Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Other articles you may like
- Wealth Conversations – February 2024
- India Interim Budget FY25 – Continued Emphasis on Capex and Fiscal Consolidation
- The Girl Who Felt No Pain and the Indian Investor
- Removal of restriction on Lumpsum subscriptions in WhiteOak Capital Multi Cap Fund
- Change to the scheme name of Parag Parikh Tax Saver Fund to Parag Parikh ELSS Tax Saver Fund