The June 2021 edition of FundsIndia’s Monthly Market Insight discusses the rise in Quarterly Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and also includes a blog on “Rs 1000 = Rs 23 lakhs…But How?”
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Real terms (read as GDP at constant prices) rose 1.6% YoY for Q4 in FY-21 compared to 0.4% for Q3 in FY-21.
Agriculture (3.1%), Manufacturing (6.9%), Construction (14.5%) and Financial Services (5.4%) registered growth in terms of ‘Gross Value Added (GVA)’ while Mining (-5.7%) and Trade, Hotel, Transport and Communication (-2.3%) contracted in Q4 FY-21 compared to Q4 FY-20.
For FY-21, The GDP for India contracted 7.3% compared to the growth rate of 4.0% in FY-20.
Data showcased in this edition include Quarterly GDP Growth Rate, trends in Industry SIP Inflows over the last 12 months, Total Retail and HNI AUM, Consumer Inflation, Index of Industrial Production – Growth and Manufacturing PMI. Do check out our suggested reads that include an article on “A Strategy That Pretends To Be Inferior But Ends Up Being Superior”.
Other articles you may like
- Reactivating lumpsum subscriptions and switch-in into 3 Overseas funds in Franklin Templeton
- A Time-Sensitive Investment Opportunity In Debt Funds (Invest Before 31-Mar-23)
- Merger of Axis Capital Builder Fund – Series 4 with Axis Flexi Cap Fund
- Introduction of SIP Pause facility under the Schemes of IIFL Mutual Fund (IIFLMF)
- IDFC Mutual Fund stands changed to Bandhan Mutual Fund with effect from March 13, 2023