The July 2020 edition of FundsIndia’s Monthly Market Insight discusses the reason as to why the Equity Market is up when the Economy is down.
The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) for Jul-20 stood at 46.0 compared to 47.2 in Jun-20. Falling sales due to prolonged business closures, reduction in the new orders placed, decrease in the output are the key reasons for the contraction (PMI < 50 indicates contraction) in the Manufacturing sector.
Data showcased in this edition include trends in Industry SIP Inflows, Total Retail and HNI AUM, Consumer Inflation and Manufacturing PMI. Do check out our suggested reads that include articles on 6 Eccentric People Who Can Change The Way You Approach Gilt Funds.
Other articles you may like
Get FundsIndia’s articles delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email address to get:
- Mutual fund recommendations from experts
- Buy, hold or sell calls for stocks
- Investment tips and tricks
- All the latest news from Fundsindia.com
- Change in Fundamental Attributes of ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund w.e.f. closure of business hours of March 25, 2021
- This Is All You Need To Construct A Solid Equity Portfolio – Your 5 Fingers!
- Why should you go for Heranba Industries Ltd IPO?
- Why should you go for RailTel IPO?
- A Guide to Buying IPO