On a cusp of turnaround… Axis Bank is the third largest private sector bank in India. The Bank has a large footprint of 3,779 domestic branches (including extension counters) and 12,834 ATMs spread across the country.
Valuation: We believe that the bank is approaching the end of recognition of stressed loan cycle. With an improving outlook on fresh slippages and credit cost, we expect the bank to clock RoA of 1.2% and RoE of 14% by FY20E. Further, Axis Bank has fundamental strengths such as high CASA ratio, distribution network and high and growing share of retail loans. Thus, we maintain ‘BUY’ rating on the stock with a revised upward target price (TP) of Rs 637. (P/ABV of 2.4x for FY20E). Key thing to watch out will be an appointment outside Axis Bank as MD & CEO which can lead to some disruption/slowdown before stability.
Investments in equity shares, debentures, etc., are not obligations of, or guaranteed by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., and are subject to investment risks. Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Other articles you may like
Get FundsIndia’s articles delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email address to get:
- Mutual fund recommendations from experts
- Buy, hold or sell calls for stocks
- Investment tips and tricks
- All the latest news from Fundsindia.com
- Change in Fundamental Attributes of ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund w.e.f. closure of business hours of March 25, 2021
- This Is All You Need To Construct A Solid Equity Portfolio – Your 5 Fingers!
- Why should you go for Heranba Industries Ltd IPO?
- Why should you go for RailTel IPO?
- A Guide to Buying IPO