KEI Industries Ltd. – Consistent Performer
KEI Industries Limited is one of the leading manufacturers of wires and cables (W&C) and among the top three organized players in the Indian W&C industry. Incorporated in 1968, as a partnership firm, under the name Krishna Electrical Industries, it was converted into a public limited company in 1992 and was listed on the stock exchanges in 1995.
The company has an overall industry experience of 50+ years with 5 manufacturing plants, 1800+ dealers/distributors, 2000+ Institutional customers, and 5000+ Employees (including contracts). The company operates in a wide geography with exports to 50+ countries in the world.
KEI has transformed into a midsized cables and EPC company in the past decade. From volatility in margins given in its modest scale earlier, it has moved to a stable base and is in the right business growth segments. The company is a play on housing, capex, and also engineering exports in India. It has high return ratios, free cash flows, and low debt to equity. We recommend a BUY rating in the stock with a target price (TP) of Rs.1860, 30x FY24E EPS.
If you are new to FundsIndia, open your FREE investment account with us and enjoy lifelong research-backed investment guidance.
Other articles you may like
- Wealth Conversations – February 2024
- India Interim Budget FY25 – Continued Emphasis on Capex and Fiscal Consolidation
- The Girl Who Felt No Pain and the Indian Investor
- Removal of restriction on Lumpsum subscriptions in WhiteOak Capital Multi Cap Fund
- Change to the scheme name of Parag Parikh Tax Saver Fund to Parag Parikh ELSS Tax Saver Fund