Strong show at both domestic & JLR businesses
Tata Motors (TAMO) is India’s largest CV manufacturer with 55% market share in M&HCV segment. Besides, it also manufactures passenger cars and utility vehicles. With the acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) from Ford in 2008, TAMO now has presence in the global luxury car market. Importantly, TAMO derives about 80% of its revenue from JLR.
Outlook and Valuation: We are positive on the stock given a strong product pipeline at JLR & company’s intent to plug the gaps in its domestic portfolio and presence of margin levers. Hence, we expect revenue/Adj. PAT CAGR of 10%/82% over FY17-20E. Hence, we retain ‘BUY’ rating on the stock with a target price (TP) of Rs. 480 based on SOTP.
Research Report – Tata Motors Ltd.
Investments in equity shares, debentures, etc., are not obligations of, or guaranteed by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., and are subject to investment risks. Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Other articles you may like
- IDFC Mutual Fund stands changed to Bandhan Mutual Fund with effect from March 13, 2023
- Temporary suspension of subscription in Overseas schemes of Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Take charge of your money with this quick and simple framework
- Wealth Conversations – March 2023
- Is a higher equity allocation injurious to your short term goals?