Structural strength to drive earnings…
HDFC Bank, a new-generation bank, is the second largest private sector bank in India. The Bank has a nationwide distribution network of 4,729 branches and 12,259 ATM’s in 2,669 cities/towns as of Q2FY18. The bank has grown its balance sheet at a healthy pace of 21% CAGR over FY12-17 maintaining high profit CAGR of 23%.
Valuation: We are structurally positive on HDFC Bank considering its best inclass asset quality (Gross/Net NPA of 1.3%/0.4% by FY19E), superior deposit franchise and credit underwriting ability. It will help the bank to maintain superior return ratios with RoE of 20% and RoA of 2% over FY17-19E. Overall, the bank is well placed to benefit from the expected pick-up in the economic growth cycle. Hence, we maintain a BUY rating on the stock with a target price (TP) of Rs2,000 (4.6x FY19E P/ABV).
Investments in equity shares, debentures, etc., are not obligations of, or guaranteed by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., and are subject to investment risks. Click here to read our full disclaimer.
Other articles you may like
- Change in “Motilal Oswal Midcap 30 Fund” scheme name
- Resumption of subscription to units of Designated Schemes of HSBC Mutual Fund
- Resumption of subscription to units of Designated Schemes of Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
- Best practices to be followed for CDSL Demat account holders
- Extension of Timelines – Change in Nomination Guidelines by SEBI