FUNDSINDIA has been appointed by PFRDA to act as one of the Point of Presence (POP) for the NPS. Our online portal will help you with all NPS activities as point of presence- Service Provider for opening & making subsequent contributions towards NPS flawlessly
The money pooled is invested in Equity (High Risk with High Returns), Corporate Debt (Medium Risk with Medium Returns) and Government Securities (Low Returns with Low Returns). What’s more? You get to choose how you want to invest!
You can decide the proportion of money invested in Equities, Corporate Debts & Government securities, Read more
but not more than 50% can be put in equities.
The proportion of investment is based upon your age. Till 35 year of age, 50% would be allocated to Equities, 30% in corporate debts and
20% in Government securities. After 35 years of age, the equity portion will be reduced by 2% and the Corporate debt portion will be reduced by 1% each year. By the time you reach the age of 55 years, your Equity and Corporate allocation would be 10% each.
The default investment option allows up to 55% of the allocation in Government securities, up to 40% in corporate debt, 15% in equities andRead more
5% in money market instruments.
Tier-I Account: The NPS account holder contributes his/her savings for retirement into this non-withdrawable account. This is the retirement account and the applicant can claim tax benefits against the contributions made subject to the Income Tax rules in force.
|Minimum Contribution required at the time of account opening||Rs. 500/-|
|Minimum Subsequent Contribution amount required||Rs. 500/-|
|Minimum contribution required per year||Rs. 1000/-|
|Minimum number of contributions required in a year||1|
|Before the age of 60 years||You would be required to invest at least 80% of the pension corpus accumulated to purchase a life annuity from any IRDA-regulated life insurance company. The remaining 20% of the pension wealth may be withdrawn as lump sum.|
|60 to 70 years of age||You would be required to invest a minimum of 40 percent of your accumulated savings (pension corpus) to purchase a life annuity from any IRDA-regulated life insurance company. You may choose to purchase an annuity for an amount > 40%. The remaining pension wealth can either be withdrawn in a lump sum on attaining the age of 60 or in a phased manner, between age 60 and 70, at the option of the subscriber.|
|In the unfortunate event of death||Withdrawal option will be available to the nominee to receive 100% of the NPS pension corpus in lump sum.|